Emergency Management Specialist 1
(Emergency Preparedness Specialist)
POSTING DATE: January 10, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 17, 2019 12:00 NOON
Full-Time Unclassified Position
PAY GRADE: H District Entry/Hiring Salary: $29,973.63
Maximum Hiring Salary: $34,469.67
LOCATION: Emergency Preparedness, Columbus Department of Public Health, 2100 Comer Ave., Columbus, GA, 2nd Floor Health & Human Services Center
DUTIES: Under general supervision, this position will coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities, provide disaster preparedness training and prepare emergency plans and procedures. Duties include, but not limited to:
1. Development, implementation, and maintenance of District all-hazards emergency plans
2. Responsible for all aspects of District and County level Point of Dispensing (POD) planning
3. Develops, tests, and evaluates emergency management plans according to State and Federal guidelines
4. Coordinates disaster response or crisis management activities
5. Assists with the development of community partner closed POD planning
6. Works with Healthcare Preparedness Program to offer assistance in the development of plans as needed by community partners, such as EMA
7. Works closely with the Emergency Preparedness Training Coordinator to ensure appropriate exercise objectives are included for plans being exercised or drilled within designated communities
8. Ensures all planning is aligned with Public Health Emergency Preparedness Capabilities
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in public health, emergency management, or closely related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience OR High school diploma or GED AND Two years of experience in emergency management.
*Note: This position is subject to close once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
An applicant who has a disability, which requires special accommodations, should contact Human Resources at (706) 321-6127.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to the following:
- Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- Reference Checks
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY AT: www.dph.georgia.govClick on “About DPH”, then“Careers”. Locate this position and click “Apply” to begin your application.