March 1, 2019
Columbus Department of Public Health/West Central Health District is accepting proposals for auditing services for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2020. The Columbus Department of Public Health is the Lead County for the West Central Health District. As such, the audit will include 55+ budgets totaling approximately $16,157,121.00 annually. The 55+ budgets are with two (2) bank accounts.
The auditing service should be conducted in accordance with U.S. generally accepted auditing standards; the standards for financial audits contained in Government Auditing Standards, issued by the Comptroller General of the United States; the Single Audit Act of 1996; and the provisions of 2 CFR part 200, subpart F, and should include tests of accounting records, a determination of major programs in accordance with Circular A-133, and other procedures considered necessary to express an opinion and render required reports.
The auditing service proposal must be submitted in writing and should include all fees for personnel, travel, typing, report production, an electronic .pdf file, postage, and all other out of pocket expenses associated with the audit. The auditing service will be expected to be performed during normal business hours to answer any financial concerns.
At a minimum the audit should express an opinion of the following;
- Whether the financial statements are fairly presented, in all material respects, in conformity with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- Internal control related to the financial statements and compliance with the provisions of applicable laws, regulations, contracts, agreements and grants, noncompliance with which could have a material effect on the financial statements in accordance with Government Auditing Standards.
- Internal control related to major programs on compliance with laws, regulations, and the provisions of contracts or grant agreements that could have a direct and material effect on each major program in accordance with the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996 and OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Opinion of financial statements in relation to the basic financial statements of the schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Opinion of financial statements in relation to the basic financial statements of the schedule of revenues and expenditures compared to budget by program.
- Opinion of financial statements in relation to the basic financial statements of the schedule of state awards expended.
- Opinion of reasonable assurance whether the financial statements are free of material misstatement, whether from errors, fraudulent financial reporting, misappropriation of assets or violations of laws or governmental regulations that are attributed to the entity or to acts by management or employees acting on behalf of the entity.
Submit with proposal a copy of your most recent external peer review report and any letter of comment.
Please submit your written proposal on or before Monday, April 1, 2019 to:
Columbus Department of Public Health
Attention: Gwen Cunningham
2100 Comer Avenue
Columbus, Georgia 31904
This request for proposal can also be found on our website under our News and
Events tab: https://westcentralhealthdistrict.com/