Emergency Management Specialist 1
(Emergency Preparedness Specialist)
Full-Time Unclassified Position
POSTING DATE: January 2, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNITL FILLED
Pay Grade: H District Entry/Hiring Salary: $29,973.63/year
Salary is based on education and experience.
LOCATION: Emergency Preparedness, Columbus Department of Public Health
2100 Comer Avenue, Columbus, GA 31904, 1st Floor HHS Center
DUTIES: Under supervision, this position will be responsible for assessing, planning, and coordinating emergency/disaster response training sessions within State and Federal Guidelines of Emergency Preparedness. Duties include, but not limited to:
1. Identifies training needs and provides training and guidance within the 16 counties of the West Central Health District and the community at large
2. Provides technical assistance on training issues
3. Prepares and updates emergency plans and procedures
4. Responsible for oversight of the District’s SNS plans to include open and closed Point of Dispensing sites
5. Coordinates disaster response or crisis management activities such as opening shelters, special needs programs, and evacuation
6. Assesses community emergency preparedness needs
7. Participates in community preparedness events
8. Serves as a resource in the development and implementation of outreach communication
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Emergency Management, or closely related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience OR HS Diploma or GED AND Two years of experience in emergency management.
An applicant who has a disability, which requires special accommodations, should contact Human Resources at 706-321-6127.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to the following:
• Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting
• I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening
• Reference Checks
All Applicants Must Apply At: www.dph.georgia.gov Click on “About DPH”, then “Careers”. Locate this position and click “Apply” to begin your application.