POSTING DATE: NOVEMBER 23, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 2, 2022 12:00NOON
This position is subject to close once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified
PAY GRADE: F District Entry/Hiring Salary: $29,771.59
Salary based on education and experience
This is a grant funded position until 2027
LOCATION: District Child Health, CAPTA Home Visiting Expansion Program, Columbus Health Department, 5601 Veterans Parkway, Columbus, GA 31904
DUTIES: Under broad supervision of the CAPTA Home Visiting Expansion Program local Coordinator, the Family Support Specialist (Parent Educator) provides a broad range of social services to patients/clients/consumers and their families. This position will provide home visitation services to expectant parents and parents of newborns.
• Engage in recruitment activities, as applicable
• Complete an initial and annual, family-centered assessment with each family
• Develop, monitor, and review goals with each family
• Provide group sessions and one-on-one home visits focused on health and development, which includes planning, delivering, and documenting the visit
• Administer appropriate screenings to expectant and postpartum mothers, children, and their families
• Provide group connections to give families an opportunity to build social
connections with each other, engage in parent-child interaction activities, and increase their knowledge of ways to support children’s development
• Connect families to resources and help parents and children transition to other services, as needed • Maintain and submit all required family and program documentation in a timely manner
• Participate in at least 2 hours of reflective supervision monthly
• Participate in at least 2 hours of staff meetings monthly
• Obtain competency-based professional development and renew parent educator certification annually
• Participate in continuous quality improvement
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in a social services-related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience in a social services-related field OR High School Diploma or GED AND Three years of experience in a social services-related position OR One year of experience at the lower-level Social Services Tech 2 (SST011) or position equivalent.
All West Central Health District 7 employees are deemed essential workers in the event of an emergency. As such, you may be called on to participate in an event including but not limited to: staffing a shelter, working at a Specimen Point of Collection Site (SPOC) and/or working at a Point of Dispensing site (POD). If you are called on to participate, you are required to report to the designated site as a condition of employment, whether the emergency occurs during or outside regular work hours.
An applicant who has a disability, which requires special accommodations, should contact Human Resources at 706-321-6127.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY AT: www.dph.georgia.gov Click on “About DPH”, then “Careers”. Locate this position and click “Apply” to begin your application.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to the following:
• Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening
• I-9 Employment Verification
• Reference Checks