Public Health Registered Nurse Supervisor
POSTING DATE: JUNE 9, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: *OPEN UNTIL FILLED
This position is subject to close once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified
Full-Time Unclassified Position
SALARY: $74,758.74 Annually
LOCATION: Columbus Dept. of Public Health, 2100 Comer Ave., Columbus, GA, 2nd Floor, Health & Human Services Center
DUTIES: Under limited supervision, this position will oversee the Public Health on Wheels (PHOW) outreach activities across the 16 counties of the West Central Health District, as well as supervise the PHOW team. This position will identify community partners, providers, and agencies to help develop relationships to further public health efforts in the community. This position will be responsible for community-based activities, to include, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinating with the Health Equity Coordinator;
- Scheduling nursing and administrative staff for coverage at community outreach activities;
- Administering age-appropriate vaccines;
- Screening for STI’s to include HIV, Syphilis, and GC/CT;
- Blood pressure checks;
- Screening for lead;
- Patient education;
- Supporting immunization audits and scoliosis screenings, etc.;
- Ensures adequate supplies for PHOW are maintained;
- Responsible for vaccine inventory; ensures temperatures are checked and recorded; ensures spreadsheets are updated daily;
- Follows agency billing and procedure guidelines;
- Collaborates with the community;
- Rotating after-hours and weekends required, as needed to accommodate community requests;
- Supports County Nurse Manager as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND Two (2) years of PHN experience AND current Georgia Registered Professional Nurse license AND CPR certification OR Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND Three (3) years of nursing experience AND completion of a PHN course within one year of hire AND current Georgia Registered Professional Nurse license AND CPR certification. A copy of college transcript is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Professional experience in public health nursing and completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing. Experience with coordinating efforts and/or collaborating with local community organizations, schools, etc.
All West Central Health District 7 employees are deemed essential workers in the event of an emergency. As such, you may be called on to participate in an event including but not limited to: staffing a shelter, working at a Specimen Point of Collection Site (SPOC) and/or working at a Point of Dispensing site (POD). If you are called on to participate, you are required to report to the designated site as a condition of employment, whether the emergency occurs during or outside regular work hours.
An applicant who has a disability, which requires special accommodations, should contact Human Resources at 706-321-6127.
All Applicants Must Apply At: www.dph.georgia.gov Click on “About DPH then “Careers”. Locate this position and click “Apply” to begin your application.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to the following:
- Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- Reference Checks