POSTING DATE: JUNE 9, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 16, 2023 12:00 NOON
This position is subject to close once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified
Part-Time, Hourly Position
$15.00 per hour
This is a grant funded position until 2024
LOCATION: GA Strong Families Program, Columbus Health Department, 5601 Veterans Pkwy, Columbus, GA 31904
DUTIES: Under broad supervision of the Georgia Strong Families (GSF) local Coordinator, the Fatherhood Engagement Specialist provides a broad range of social services to patients/clients/consumers and their families. This position will identify, enroll, and provide support services to eligible fatherhood participants in the program. This position will link participants to community resources and document all interactions in the database system. The candidate would also assist with facilitating weekly fatherhood sessions and conduct goal setting with the fathers that are enrolled.
- In partnership with the GSF staff, coordinate the development of monthly outreach plans that identify a variety of community locations and opportunities for the purpose of program recruitment in the Muscogee County area.
- Complete eligibility screening, intake, and Healthy Start forms with each eligible participant.
- Provide education and direct services to men participating in the Fatherhood Initiative program and the Preconception Project.
- Provide comprehensive referrals and linkages to services.
- Assist enrolled men with meeting and achieving needs and goals, including but not limited to employment and education.
- Develop and maintain a Men’s Resource Directory that highlights available services for men in the area.
- Attend weekly Fatherhood sessions and facilitate the delivery of Healthy Start program requirements.
- Track attendance/participation during Fatherhood sessions and follow up with participants who begin to disengage to encourage their continued participation.
- Facilitate the 24/7 Dad and Fathering in 15 curriculums, as needed.
- Input data and documentation for case files into the designated data system.
- Track and ensure delivery of appropriate incentives to program participants.
- Complete annual assessments and Healthy Start screening forms for participants on caseload per program requirements.
- Plan and facilitate quarterly male group session.
- Utilize the existing health and social services organizations serving families in Muscogee County, for the purpose of initiating client referrals and establishing/maintaining resource linkage.
- Provide monthly data report to the GSF Coordinator.
- Participate in Monthly C.A.N. meetings and assist with Fatherhood activity report as needed.
- Attend all required trainings as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties relevant to the agency, as assigned.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a social service-related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience in a social services related field OR High School Diploma or GED AND Three years of experience in a social services related position OR One year of experience at the lower-level Social Services Tech 2 (SST011) or position equivalent.
All West Central Health District 7 employees are deemed essential workers in the event of an emergency. As such, you may be called on to participate in an event including but not limited to staffing a shelter, working at a Specimen Point of Collection Site (SPOC) and/or working at a Point of Dispensing site (POD). If you are called on to participate, you are required to report to the designated site as a condition of employment, whether the emergency occurs during or outside regular work hours.
An applicant who has a disability, which requires special accommodation, should contact Human Resources at 706-321-6127.
All Applicants Must Apply At: www.dph.georgia.gov Click on “About DPH”, then “Careers”. Locate this position and click “Apply” to begin your application.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to the following:
- Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- I-9 Employment Verification
- Reference Checks