This position is subject to close once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified
POSTING DATE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: *OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Full-Time Unclassified Position
SALARY: $37,970.99 Annually
LOCATION: Emergency Preparedness, Columbus Department of Public Health, 2100 Comer Avenue, 2nd floor HHS Center, Columbus, GA 31904
DUTIES: Under supervision, this position is housed in Columbus and will serve as the Coalition Facilitator for Region I and as a backup to neighboring Healthcare Coalitions. This includes communication, planning, documentation, and reporting with Healthcare Coalition members and State partners. *This is not a remote position. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Complete quarterly report on KNACK, submitting required Healthcare Coalition reports and Annual Coalition Progress Report as requested.
- Facilitate the Regional Healthcare Coalition Strategic Plan to meet Performance Measures.
- Serve as the liaison between District Public Health Emergency Preparedness (local ESF8) and the Healthcare Coalition.
- Actively participate and attend meetings including, but not limited to, Healthcare Coalition general membership meetings, Healthcare Coalition Executive Committee meetings, Mutual Aid Task Force, quarterly State-wide Coalition Leadership meetings, scheduled and urgent Statewide Emergency Preparedness meetings, monthly Statewide Emergency Preparedness conference calls, urgently called Emergency Preparedness conference calls and other meetings related to the healthcare community. These meetings are held throughout the Healthcare Coalition region and the State.
- Assist Healthcare Coalition with annual Coalition Surge Test.
- Develop and maintain Healthcare Coalition plans with the Healthcare Coalition Executive Committee.
- Support closed Point of Dispensing (POD) planning with healthcare facilities to strengthen countermeasures and mitigation.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new healthcare partners/organizations in the community by participating in meetings and trainings.
- Maintain Healthcare Coalition resource inventory in collaboration with the Healthcare Coalition Coordinator.
- Coordinate with the State HPP partners to educate on programs and services offered by Public Health by providing educational material to healthcare partners.
- Assist and participate with local, regional, and State exercise planning and drills by engaging the healthcare community and other community partners.
- Work closely and coordinate activities with the District Emergency Preparedness Coordinator and other members of the District Emergency Preparedness staff.
- Share on-call responsibilities with the Emergency Preparedness staff and keep all contact information up to date.
- Collaborate with the State Volunteer Coordinator and in the recruitment, retention, and recognition of public health/medical professionals and non- medical volunteers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND TWO years of experience performing work related to area of assignment OR Six years of experience performing work related to area of assignment. Note: Some positions may require licensure.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Public Health experience.
All West Central Health District 7 employees are deemed essential workers in the event of an emergency. As such, you may be called on to participate in an event including but not limited to: staffing a shelter, working at a Specimen Point of Collection Site (SPOC) and/or working at a Point of Dispensing site (POD). If you are called on to participate, you are required to report to the designated site as a condition of employment, whether the emergency occurs during or outside regular work hours.
Benefits for Full-Time Eligible Employees:
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Generous Leave Package
- Employees Retirement System
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Specified Illness
- Deferred Compensation (401K & 457 Plans)
- Atlanta Postal Credit Union
An applicant who has a disability, which requires special accommodation, should contact Human Resources at 706-321-6127.
All Applicants Must Apply At: www.dph.georgia.gov Click on “About DPH”, then “Careers”. Locate this position and click “Apply” to begin your application.
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to the following:
- Criminal Background Check/ Fingerprinting
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- Reference Checks