Teen Health Center HIV Counseling & Testing
- All HIV counseling and testing is confidential!
- The Teen Center offers HIV counseling and testing to teens who are at risk ages 17 & under.
- The HIV virus lives in human body fluids, blood, semen, breast milk, and vaginal secretions.
- There is no cure.
- There is a greater risk of getting HIV by having anal sex without using a condom.
- It cannot survive in the air or in water.
- It cannot live in our food, or on our clothing, or on toilet seats.
- HIV is definitely on the rise in our teen population.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
- Abstinence is the only method that is 100% effective in preventing HIV.
- Use a latex condom during each sex act if you choose to be sexually active.
- Don’t have rough sex that tears the skin.
- Don’t share needles, razors or toothbrushes.
- Don’t have sex under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- Know and communicate with your sex partner.
- Have as few sex partners as possible.
- Remember, you get HIV through an exchange of body fluids! You must also be very careful during foreplay when touching each other.
FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO
www.itsyoursexlife.com Your guide to safe and responsible sex.
www.avert.org Bringing you information on HIV & AIDS
www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/ National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion