- MORE THAN ONE MILLION TEENS become pregnant each year.
- YOUNG GIRLS have more problems during pregnancy.
- BABIES of young, teen mothers are more likely to be born with serious health problems.
- A BABY’S care costs a minimum of $500.00 per month.
- TEEN PARENTS no longer have time to be with friends.
- BABIES require a lot of EMOTIONAL support as well as FINANCIAL support.
- MORE TEEN PARENTS drop out of school.
- A sexually active teen using NO birth control for one year has a 90% chance of getting pregnant.
- 20% of teen pregnancies occur within one month of becoming sexually active.
- A girl can get pregnant the very first time she has sex!
- A girl can get pregnant even if the guy “pulls out” before he ejaculates.
- A girl can get pregnant on her period.
- 85% of teen pregnancies are unplanned.
- One in five fathers of babies born to a teen girl are adult men.
*An unplanned pregnancy will have a tremendous impact on your life now and your entire future!
Which Teens are more likely to get pregnant?
- Sexually active teens
- Lack goals
- Use alcohol and other drugs
- Do poorly in school
- Easily give in to pressure from peers
- Have much older partners
- Have poor school attendance
- Are neglected or abused by their parents
- Have parents that were teen parents themselves.
THE ONLY 100% EFFECTIVE WAY TO PREVENT PREGNANCY IS NOT TO HAVE SEX.