- MORE THAN ONE MILLION TEENS become pregnant each year.
- YOUNG GIRLS have more problems during pregnancy.
- BABIES of young, teen mothers are more likely to be born with serious health problems.
- BABIES cost a minimum of $500.00 per month to take care of.
- TEEN PARENTS no longer have time to be with friends.
- BABIES require a lot of EMOTIONAL support as well as FINANCIAL support
- MORE TEEN PARENTS drop out of school.
- A sexually active teen using NO birth control for one year has a 90% chance of getting pregnant.
- 20% of teen pregnancies occur within one month of becoming sexually active.
- A girl can get pregnant the very first time she has sex!
- A girl can get pregnant even if the guy “pulls out” before he ejaculates.
- A girl can get pregnant on her period.
- 85% of teen pregnancies are unplanned.
- One in five fathers of babies born to a teen girl are adult men.
*An unplanned pregnancy will have a tremendous impact on your life now and your entire future!
Which Teens are more likely to get pregnant?
- Sexually active teens
- Lack goals
- Use alcohol and other drugs
- Do poorly in school
- Easily give in to pressure from peers
- Have much older partners
- Have poor school attendance
- Are neglected or abused by their parents
- Have parents that were teen parents themselves.
Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy:
- A missed period
- Feeling tired or sleepy
- Nausea and vomiting
- Frequent urination
THE ONLY 100% EFFECTIVE WAY TO PREVENT PREGNANCY IS TO PRACTICE ABSTINENCE.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO BECOME SEXUALLY ACTIVE, BEING INFORMED ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL METHODS AND USING THEM PROPERLY EVERY TIME YOU HAVE SEX WILL REDUCE YOUR RISK OF PREGNANCY!