Teen Health nurses will be glad to talk to you on a one to one basis regarding nutrition & a healthy lifestyle.
- A healthy diet makes you feel good, fights illness, and resists infections like the flu.
- Good looks, a glowing skin, healthy shiny hair and strong finger nails depend on good nutrition.
- Clear thinking and doing well in school can depend on good nutrition.
- For good bone growth, good nutrition is essential.
- Exercise and fitness requires energy from a good diet.
- Water is the most important nutrient. It’s essential in digestion, carrying waste, regulating body temperature and circulating blood. You need 6 to 8 glasses per day.
- Don’t skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day!
- Don’t skip meals. You need 3 meals a day with with 2 healthy snacks.
- Teens need a balanced diet; food from all 5 food groups daily with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- An occasional burger & fries is fine, but if your daily diet consists of nothing but fast foods you may want to rethink your food choices.
- Did you know that one soda has tons of sugar in it as well as a lot of empty calories? In other words, there is no nutritional value in a soda.
- Did you know that more teens are overweight today than any other time in our history.
- More teens are developing Type 2 diabetes because of obesity.
- Remember, overeating, excessive dieting or fasting can harm your health. You are what you eat.
For more information go to:
You are what you eat!