The purpose of Women’s Health is to provide quality health care to women of all ages regardless of socio-economic status. We aim to empower women to live healthy lifestyles through nutrition and lifestyle education.
- Comprehensive physical examinations
- Birth Control Information
- Breast exam, abdominal exam and pelvic exam
- Pap smear for cancer of the cervix (mouth of the womb)
- Other tests such as screening for gonorrhea and chlamydia, if indicated
- HIV testing and Syphilis testing
- Blood test for anemia, hepatitis, cholesterol and others, if indicated
- Urine test-sugar and bacteria, if indicated
- Pregnancy test, if indicated
- Blood Pressure
- Nutritional Lifestyle Education
- Related Immunizations
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) or AIDS Antibody Screening Tests
- Diagnosis and treatment of STIs
Examples of birth control methods provided are:
- Hormone Injection (ie, Depo-provera)
Education, counseling, and referrals for other health related problems.
Childbearing age women
Women 40 to 64 may qualify for the Breast and Cervical Cancer Program.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, by appointment. Closed for Lunch 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Same day appointments may be available.
Health and Human Services Building – 2nd floor
2100 Comer Avenue
Columbus, Georgia 31902-2299