The purpose of Women’s Health is to provide quality health care to women of all ages regardless of socio-economic status. We want to help women live healthy lifestyles through nutrition and lifestyle education.
- Comprehensive physical examinations
- Breast exam, abdominal exam and pelvic exam
- Pap smear for cancer of the cervix (mouth of the womb)
- Other tests such as screening for gonorrhea and chlamydia, if indicated
- HIV testing and Syphilis testing
- Blood test for anemia, hepatitis, cholesterol and others, if indicated
- Urine test-sugar and bacteria, if indicated
- Blood Pressure
- Nutritional Lifestyle Education
- Related Immunizations
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) or AIDS Antibody Screening Tests
- Diagnosis and treatment of STIs
- Birth Control and Information
Types of birth control available:
- Hormone Injection (Depo-provera)
- Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives
- Pregnancy testing – testing is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. No appointment is needed and testing is covered by insurance. If uninsured, the fee is $19.
Medicaid sign-up is available after consultation with the Perinatal Case Management nurse.
- Education, counseling, and referrals for other health related problems.
Childbearing aged women
Women 40 to 64 may qualify for the Breast and Cervical Cancer Program.
Younger women may qualify for the Breast and Cervical Cancer Program if a problem is found during a clinical examination.
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Monday-Friday, by appointment, unless otherwise noted.
Same day appointments may be available.
5601 Veterans Parkway
Columbus, Georgia 31904