A core function of the Georgia Department of Public Health’s opioid-epidemic response include data coordination and distribution. Local Public Health Analysts and members of the Drug Surveillance Unit monitor trends in overdose data to detect and respond to rapid increases of overdoses within the West Central Health District.
The GA DPH Drug Surveillance Unit website includes:
- Annual Statewide and County Opioid Overdose Surveillance Reports
- Annual Stimulant Overdose Surveillance Reports
- Monthly Drug Overdose Syndromic Surveillance Reports
- Annual Opioid-Involved Overdose Death Reports
- Monthly Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) Reports